HOW TO APPLY TO OPEN OPPORTUNITIES
UAC now posts all open opportunities and accepts applications online via Submittable (unless otherwise specified).
Paper applications may also be submitted to UAC’s office at 3485 Poplar Avenue Suite 225, Memphis, TN 38111.
NOTE: You will no longer need to join UAC’s Artist Registry within urbanartcommission.org to apply to an opportunity. Instead, follow the steps below to apply to any open UAC opportunity via Submittable:
- To apply to an open Request for Qualifications (RFQ) or Request for Proposals (RFP), click on the opportunity that you are interested in to view more details (posted on the left of this page).
- Clicking on the Submit button will redirect you to our Submittable page, which contains all of our current open opportunities. Click the Submit button next to the opportunity that you wish to apply for, or if you are already within an opportunity, scroll down to the Create your account / Have an account? Sign in form.
- If you already have a Submittable account, click the Have an account? Sign in tab to sign in to your account. If you don’t remember your password, use the Forgot? link on the login form.
- If you don’t have a Submittable account, you must create one to apply. Create your free account by filling out the Create your account form. Fill in all information and click the Create Account and Continue button to continue with the submission process.
- From there, you will be able to complete and submit your application. You can now use this account login when submitting to all future UAC opportunities, and any opportunities posted on Submittable by other organizations.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email that confirms receipt of your full application. If you do not receive this email or encounter any technical difficulties, please email us at info [at] urbanartcommission [dot] org or call at 901.454.0474.
This Artists Handbook covers the process of applying for public art projects in Memphis, as well as the design and fabrication process if you are selected for a project commission. UrbanArt strongly advises prospective artists to study this text before submitting applications to open projects. Questions may be emailed to info [at] urbanartcommission [dot] org.
For the guidelines structuring the City of Memphis Public Art Program, please download the PDF provided.
If you are interested in participating on a project Selection Committee, please send your current resume with contact information and a statement of interest no longer than 3 paragraphs in length to: info [at] urbanartcommission [dot] org. Please describe your current community affiliations including home and/or business address, background with community development, education, public art, or any other activities you believe will contribute to the positive outcome of our projects.